Last week Larimer County submitted for the “5 Star” certified business variance program, locally known as the Level Up Program. The 5 Star State Certification Program enables businesses that meet enhanced safety guidelines in qualifying counties to open at greater capacity. For this program to start in Larimer County, our application needs to be approved by the state and our regional COVID-19 case numbers need to continue to decline. The good news is that we expect to meet both of these conditions in the very near future, so we are asking interested local businesses to complete the Level Up pre-application process.
- Complete the online application at https://www.larimer.org/health/communicable-disease/coronavirus-covid-19/level-program
- A COVID-19 Prevention Plan and Outbreak Plan for each business and/or business location is required.
- Level Up Administrative Committee reviews and conditionally certifies the business contingent upon a successful on-site inspection.
- The Administrative Committee is made up of representatives from the local business community, local Chambers of Commerce, the Larimer County Department of Health and other business serving organizations.
- On-site inspection and certification by Public Health Representative
- We will work with you to schedule a time for an onsite review after reviewing your application.
Once certified a business may operate at one level higher on the State’s Safer at Home Dial than where the County as a whole is currently positioned (https://covid19.colorado.gov/data/covid-19-dial-dashboard). At this time, Larimer County is in Level Red, so Level Up certified businesses may open at Level Orange capacity levels on the dial.
Please note, no Larimer County business may start operating at a higher capacity level until the State approves Larimer County’s application for the Level Up Program and that individual businesses has received the Level Up Certification.